Sophos IDE autoupdate

Mike Wallis mike at UNIXSECURITY.ORG
Wed Mar 6 20:43:42 GMT 2002

Julian Field wrote:

> At 15:12 06/03/2002, you wrote:
>
>> standard dat file: vdl-3.55.dat
>> enhanced dat file: vdl-3.55n.dat
>> Creating a symlink of vdl-3.55.dat -> vdl-3.55n.dat serves as a
>> workaround, but seems a bit kludgy.
>

> Edit the Sophos autoupdate, and change line 26 from
>         next unless $vdlname =~ /^vdl-(\d+)\.(\d+)\.dat$/;
>         next unless $vdlname =~ /^vdl-(\d+)\.(\d+)n?\.dat$/;
>
> That version of the code will work on the normal and NSV variants of
> Sophos.

That fixes the autoupdate issue with determining the version number, but
doesn't quite get all of it. I updated the script and removed the
symlink I'd created to test it out. Inside the daily ide directory,
vdl.dat is still symlinked back to ../lib/vdl-3.55.dat. It looks like
the optional 'n' character isn't being preserved in $MinorVer.

--
Mike Wallis
mw at unixsecurity.org