exim and spanassasin

Dennis Monks dennis at YTN.CO.NZ
Mon Mar 4 19:59:04 GMT 2002

    We have being noticing an error in the exim's header spool file for
a while after mailscanner had detected Spam correctly. The error went
something like this:

    2002-03-05 08:12:24 16hbMz-00069t-00 Format error in spool file
16hbMz-00069t-00-H: size=1396

We have tracked this down to the subject line length being incorrect.
The length placed in by mailscanner is one char short.

Looking at the mta-specific.pl function PrependHeader it adds up the
length, but forgets to allow for the '\n'.

I have added the following to our code and it is working fine:

      $len = $oldlen - length($oldkey);

+      #D.Monks added another 1 for the newline char. Exim report error
+      $headerlen = sprintf("%03d", $oldlen + length($newvalue) +
length($sep) +1 );

the version of mailscanner being used is 3.11-1

Our users are now happly getting their spam.

I hope this
Dennis Monks

I have nothing witty to say

More information about the MailScanner mailing list