Setting up a Gateway

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Fri Jun 28 01:43:58 IST 2002

You could use ldap and put everyone into an ldap directory.  Sendmail
supports ldap calls.  I modified 2 m4s and created an mc that works
against MS's Active Dir since everyone here has exchange mailboxes.
Works great and no more alias maps getting munged.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruno Melloni [mailto:x.mailscanner.mail at MELLONI.COM]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 7:35 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Setting up a Gateway

I setup a box as a gateway, to minimize exposure of the internal server.
Seems to work fine.

But it appears necessary to define users and aliases not only on the
internal server, but also on the gateway box (of course it is quite
possible that I bungled somewhere).

Is there a way to avoid defining users and aliases on the gateway box?

Thanks,

bruno