ANNOUNCE: Version 3.21-1 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jun 27 14:21:28 IST 2002

At 14:04 27/06/2002, you wrote:
> > I have just released version 3.21-1.
> >
> > New features and fixes are:
> >
> > --  "Log Facility" configuration option so syslogs can be sent to
> > somewhere other than the maillog.
> > --  "Notify Senders" configuration option now also accepts the value
> > "local" so that only senders of viruses on your site are informed, not
> > senders from outside your organisation.
> > --  "High SpamAssassin Score" configuration option to set the minimum
> > SpamAssassin score above which the "High Scoring Spam Action" setting
> > applies. --  "High Scoring Spam Action" configuration option to set the
> > action applied to all messages whose SpamAssasssin score is greater than
> > the "High SpamAssassin Score".
> >
> > --  "Sweep" no longer has to be defined if "virus scanner = none" or
> > "virus scanning = off".
> > --  SpamAssassin reports ending in newlines no longer cause broken qf
> > files. --  Return-Path: header is now handled better.
> > --  SpamAssassin reports should now never be empty.
> >
> > Apart from minor fixes, this is probably going to be the last release
> > for a while. Nick and I really need to do a "re-write" job on it as it
> > has long since outgrown its initial design.
> >
> > Download, as usual, from
> >                  www.mailscanner.info
> > --
> > Julian Field                Teaching Systems Manager
> > jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk         Dept. of Electronics & Computer Science Tel.
> > 023 8059 2817          University of Southampton
> >                              Southampton SO17 1BJ
>
>Thanks Julian!
>
>BTW, I was just wondering...when do you sleep???  I see messages from you
>posted at all hours of the day!

I get into work about 8:30BST (= 7:30GMT) and I usually pack it in and go
to bed around 10 (9pm GMT). Nick handles the night-shift from New Zealand...
Oh, and I don't sleep too well, so occasionally I'll hit the list at 3-5am
(2-4am GMT).

And I hope you're impressed with the time from suggestion to "being
published" of the "High Score" feature people wanted :-) (I was given a
much appreciated financial inducement)
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ