Newbie....

Eric Blanc eric at AFMB.CNRS-MRS.FR
Thu Jun 27 10:30:33 IST 2002

Hye,

I just installed Mailscanner/Spamassassin on our Mailserver.
Great improvement for my site, thanks Julian...

But...I'm afraid of being a little bit confused...

I would like to maintain a local blacklist/whitelist for identifying
Spammers and/or correct misidentified addresses

Mailscanner has its own Whitelist definition, SpamAssassin has its own
configuration file in Mailscanner etc Directory, but can also manage a
per user preference container file, and can use Razor to store that data
into an SQL container.
MailScanner cannot use Razor cause it doesn't use the "Spamd" but
"spamassassin"

In fact, I need to store the data into an SQL database, to allow
everyone to "TAG" email addresses as "Verified SPAM" or "Certified
users"
Let us suppose that I create a script updating .conf files from that
database...
I have to store
SPAMMERS into spam.assassin.pref.conf as a comma separated line
following "blacklist_from"
Non-SPAMMERS into spam.whitelist.conf one address per line
Politics to adopt about Certified SPAMMERS into spam.actions.conf

Is that right ?

Thanks for any help

Eric.
--