Spam Questions

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jun 26 15:34:12 IST 2002

At 15:25 26/06/2002, you wrote:
>My spam.action.conf .......is working as I have set it up?

spam.action.conf or spam.actions.conf? Check you are editing the right
file. You might want to show us the contents of some of this file too...

>I edited my mailscanner.conf file to use it, I then entered an e-mail
>address and action is delete but the mail still comes through?

Assuming you are restarting MailScanner after editing that file, remember
it works off the envelope address, not whatever happens to be in the "To:"
header.

>Julian Field wrote:
>
>>At 23:51 25/06/2002, you wrote:
>>
>>>For those who recieved my earlier post forget it.... I have installed
>>>spamassassin. A few questions:
>>>1. I installed using CPAN....is that ok instead of downloading the tar
>>>and installing?
>>

>>Personally I always download the tar. Ensure you have version 2.31.
>>
>>>2. I also installed additional modules like Net::DNS, Mail:Audit,
>>>Net::SMTP...are these required or not?
>>

>>It needs Net::DNS but the others are pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>>3. Does the X-header for spam get added to each e-mail or only the ones
>>>with spam detected?
>>

>>Only ones detected as spam (unless you set "Always Include SpamAssassin
>>Report = yes").
>>
>>>4. I don't quite understand the "scoring" system - where can I get more
>>>info..?
>>

>>Read www.spamassassin.org
>>
>>--
>>Julian Field                Teaching Systems Manager
>>jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk         Dept. of Electronics & Computer Science
>>Tel. 023 8059 2817          University of Southampton
>>                             Southampton SO17 1BJ
>

>--
>
>Regards
>Brandon Friedman