sendmail rules to protect internal aliases

Todd Martin todd at DECAGON.COM
Wed Jun 26 00:36:05 IST 2002

I hope one of you sendmail rule wizards can help me with this...

We have several "internal" aliases that are really distribution list
-- including one alias that goes to the whole company. Some
(stinking) spammer has harvested or otherwise guessed what some of
these aliases are. Now we are getting spam to the whole company
through one email address.

A little research sent me to here:
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/protected.html

I can't seem to get this to work for me (any version). I'm wondering
if the reason is due to running the two instances of sendmail with
MailScanner.

At this point I'd love to hear any confirmation of my problem,
pointers to other ways, or The Answer(tm).

Thanks,

~Todd