Notify Senders

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Tue Jun 25 20:39:06 IST 2002

> Why be so nice to external senders?  If they send you a virus infected
> message how is that different than an internal virus sender?

Just politics really.  Those people sending us viruses are also buying
our consulting services, so I don't want to offend them.

On a related note:
If you do notify both local and external senders, but you have

"deliver from local domains = no"

then the notification would have to be different to really explain to
the sender what happened to the message.  For internal senders, the
message is just deleted, but for external senders, some part of the
message went through.