Why I think RBL should be done with the MTA rather than Mailscann er

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Tue Jun 25 13:11:04 IST 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:13:07 +0100, you wrote:

>I'm just working through in my head the options for spam blocking and
>come up with the following advantages to using RBL lists on the MTA
>(i.e. sendmail) at point of acceptance rather than using them on
>Mailscanner:

These are all valid reasons untill the policy is to accept spam and
leave it up to the client to decide on which points he wants to block.

Our users want to be able to filter on "X-utwente-mailscanner-spam" and
"rfc-ignorant" and not on other blacklists.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,