Qmail Support

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Mon Jun 24 06:58:53 IST 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:32:43AM +0530, Rishi Gangoly wrote:
> Is there a document on the NET somewhere that lists why MailScanner and
> Qmail don't plug right in like it does with Sendmail?
> If yes, can anyone give me a URL so I can read?

No, there isn't. The reason is because we have to write a whole bunch
of code to interact with each MTA, and we have plenty of other things
to do besides that.

Not that I wouldn't do it for qmail -- in fact if it looks relatively
easy I might well consider it. But Julian originally wrote mailscanner
to work with sendmail because that's what he uses, and what most people
use. I added the Exim bits because that's what I use. Someone else has
written Postfix bits (which we are now adding in) because that's what
they use.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.