sending a virus from mailscanner's domain is undetectedbutincoming mail from either our domain or others is detected

Brett Geer brett at BRABYS.CO.ZA
Sat Jun 22 09:06:46 IST 2002

eh its a 'usefull service' these days, I just had a client run into a
similar problem where the mails from one of his clients never got to him
and just dissappeared. When I got the remote to telnet to my client's
mail server, he got the clients isp.

a thunderous call to isp's tech support revealed they had installed some
spam filter.

a couple of nasty words to the tech support manager got this removed.

its irritating when they just start grabbing our connections (transparent
proxy is another one), and don't tell you about it. when thier work fails
you spend days looking for it because you think it's your equipment

basically they just add a filter on thier routers to shift the stream off
to another box

brett