F-Prot Update Script Available

Tan Siew Wu siewwu.tan at EDGEMATRIX.COM
Thu Jun 20 08:11:14 IST 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:09:45 +0100, Julian Field <jkf at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
wrote:
>Okay, it's written and is available at
>http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/autoupdate.f-prot

Hi Julian,
The script seems to contains a few bugs.. :-)
I just got it down and tried it.  It works but it was getting the file
from the $FallbackServer.  I notice this when I look at the squid cache log
file.  There is an entry with URL "GET http://fp-def.zip/".

After carefully looking through the script, seems that
$Server variable may not be defined anywhere, it should be $server?
#####################################
.
  # Download it from the server
  DownloadFile($Server, $FileToCheck);
.
sub DownloadFile {
  my($host, $file) = @_;
  my($result);

  if ($file =~ /^SIGN/) {
  .
    Fetch($host, 'fp-def.zip');
  .
  } else {
  .
    Fetch($host, 'macrdef2.zip');
  .
  }
}

sub Fetch {
  my($ip, $filename) = @_;
  my($r);

  $r = system("wget --passive-ftp --tries=3 $ip$filename > /dev/null 2>&1");
  if ($r>>8) {
    # Download failed so try fallback server
    BailOut("Download from $ip failed, exiting.") if $ip eq $FallbackServer;
    Fetch($FallbackServer, $filename);
  }
}

###### Squid cache log ######
.... TCP_MISS/200 778 GET http://updates.f-prot.com/cgi-bin/check-updates? -
 DIRECT/updates.f-prot.com text/plain
.... TCP_MISS/503 1147 GET http://fp-def.zip/ - DIRECT/fp-def.zip -
.... TCP_MISS/200 943963 GET http://updates.f-prot.com/files/fp-def.zip -
DIRECT/updates.f-prot.com application/zip