mailscanner and maillog

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Thu Jun 20 01:07:59 IST 2002

I suggest people look at this as an example of how to make it *really hard*
for anyone to help.

It's completely unreadable.

If people can't be bothered to format a mail in such a way as to make it easy
to read, then why would the people who they want help from bother to read it?

If on the other hand people are incapable of formatting a mail such that it is
easy to read, I might suggest that they are also unlikely to be capable of
doing a reasonable job of more complex tasks - like for example whatever it
is that they are asking for help with.

Either way, it's a big demotivator.

BTW Matt, don't take it personally; you're not the first and I'm sure you
won't be the last. You just happen to be the sender of the mail that's pricked
me into writing this. You are at least polite, which believe it or not, is not
always the case.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com