Strange Message

Matt Doherty Matthew_doherty at DATAWATCH.COM
Wed Jun 19 17:56:40 IST 2002

RH 7.2
Sendmail 8.11.6
latest RPM fresh install of mailscanner and all perl updates

When I do a chkconfig --list | grep sendmail
It shows 0 - 5 runlevels as off
ps -A | more shows sendmail and mailscanner running
maillog is not being written to and there is no sign of a .maillog.swp
either
chkconfig mailscanner on (or off) shows nothing.. I just get the command
prompt
doing tests im lucky to say mail is being sent.. but have no idea if
mailscanner is scanning due to the fact that the maillog is not being
written to .. strange?
my mail log is is in its default location too... /var/log/maillog  so I am
worried.
I am sorry if this seems to be a newbie question, cuz I am :)
should I execute these commands in this order?
chkconfig --add mailscanner
>/etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail stop
>chkconfig sendmail off
>chkconfig --level 2345 sendmail off
>rm -f /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S30sendmail

I have not done this yet..
I guess you could tell im abit scared to do this during a busy time at our
company, but need to get mailscanner working properly at this very moment..
ahhh!
lol
Thank You !!!