ANNOUNCE: Version 3.20-1 released

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ANSF.ALCATEL.FR
Sat Jun 15 09:48:02 IST 2002

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 02:27:28PM +1200, Nick Phillips wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 01:01:59AM +0200, Stephane Lentz wrote:
>
> > PS:  adding support in Mailscanner for Trend Micro vscan
> > (included in Interscan or the Free filescanner) should be
> > great. I once had a look at it quickly but couldn't figure out
> > all the code changes. Maybe in the future I will have a look at
> > it again or somebody else (Nick ?) will. The tricky port is that
> > the exit codes are not well documented.
>
> Depends on time, motivation and availability of the scanner for testing..

Trend Micro is one of the main antivirus actors.
Their scanner can be used free of charge for non commercial purposes :
http://solutionbank.antivirus.com/solutions/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=7353
One can can download Interscan from http://www.antivirus.com/download
It is some intelligent scanner : it is Mime-aware.

I will try to figure out how to add support for this scanner in
weeks to come.

regards,

SL/