ANNOUNCE: Version 3.20-1 released

Francois Caen FCaen at CI.LAKEWOOD.WA.US
Fri Jun 14 17:59:15 IST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: jkf at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK

> The Klez worm is just about the first virus to create useless messages with
> fake From: and To: addresses. The net result is that there is no point in
> telling either the sender (as they almost certainly didn't send it) or the
> recipient (who never wanted the virus anyway). So you might as well just
> ditch it.

Actually, there is a point in notifying the recipient: it makes you / your IT dept. look good to your users / customers :-)
Even though this is more political than technical, it can be very useful: "See all those viruses we saved you from? Now you understand why we need a bigger IT budget?"

Francois Caen
Network Information Systems Engineer - Webmaster
City of Lakewood, WA
(253) 512-2269