Shell account

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jun 6 08:57:20 IST 2002

At 22:21 05/06/2002, you wrote:
>I've testing spamassassin
>But I didn't get it to work till I give a user a shell account.
>Is it possible without a shell account or do i do something wrong.

If you are using Exim, then the user specified in the "Run As User"
configuration option in mailscanner.conf must have a home directory, as
that is where SpamAssassin wants to store its "user_prefs" file by default.

In the latest version (or possibly the one I haven't released yet :-) you
can specify exactly where SpamAssassin should look for its preferences file.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ