scanner not picking up messages from mqueue.in

Kurt Yoder kylist at SHCORP.COM
Wed Jun 5 13:56:24 IST 2002

Nick Phillips said:
> On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 11:56:58AM -0400, Kurt Yoder wrote:
>
>> I've verified that mailscanner is running. I also see the queue files
>> in /var/spool/mqueue.in. What could be the problem?
>
> Getting anything in your logs?

Nope. Actually, I found the problem: the /var/spool/mqueue.in was not owned
by the user/group that was specified in mailscanner.conf. Is there some way
to have mailscanner gripe about this and refuse to start up? Or is there
already a "debugging" mode somewhere that I missed that does this?

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator