"^M"

Willem Kuiters wkuiters at FREE.FR
Tue Jun 4 18:54:10 IST 2002

Hoi MailScanner,

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 02:47:29AM +1200, Nick Phillips wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 04:26:10PM +0200, Willem Kuiters wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Since a few days "^M" gets attached at the end of the header lines of the
> > mail I receive on this machine.
>
> So, what changed "a few days" ago?

Ouch, well I tend to be in a constant state of experimentation. The change
occurred on 30 May. I know that I've been writing a shell script for
automatically updating the Sophos ide files. That works now (it is still
rather simple but if there are people interested they cn drop me a line).

Quite honestly, I can't remember exactly what else I changed. Definitely
not the mailscanner conf files, I checked that. Neither have I touched
Exim, Procmail or Mutt. I am quite confused as to where these "^M" things
come from!

Thanks for any hints,
--
  |\ /|          Willem G.J. Kuiters