Exim users...

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Tue Jun 4 06:40:53 IST 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 11:34:03AM -0400, Yussef ElSirgany wrote:

> Should this be time that I should SHOUT that I am using exim in sco 5.0.6
> boxes along side with my trusty spam/virus eating Mailscanner.  :)

Yup. I'll need to gather a little information from you, if you don't mind.

There a a few things I need to know:

1) Usage of the 'ps' command; is it POSIX? i.e. what is the output of
'ps -ef'? Does it truncate the output lines if the process name + args are
too long to fit on the terminal? Does it use the COLUMNS environment variable
to allow you to specify the desired output width?
If you could send me example output of 'ps -ef' whilst a process with a long
command line (such as mailscanner) is running, both with and without setting
'COLUMNS' to something large beforehand, that would be great.
Alternatively, your system's man page for ps would do fine.

2) output of 'uname' and 'uname -a'

3) output of `perl -e 'print $^O . "\n";'`

4) the definition(s) of "struct flock" on your system. This can usually
be found in the 'fcntl' man page in section 2 of the manpages (either that
or the location in which you can find it should be mentioned there). It can
also be found in your system's /usr/include directory somewhere (often more
than once) - grep for "struct flock" in that directory and you should be
able to find it.

5) does your 'grep' have a POSIX-compliant "-F" option (which makes it
treat the arguments as fixed strings a la 'fgrep')?

I think that'll do for now. I'll add support for SCO using the answers to
those questions, and then ask you to test it, most likely.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
You're definitely on their list.  The question to ask next is what list it is.