Minor bug in spam identification

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jul 30 16:37:10 IST 2002

If you are seeing messages being reported as spam when they should be
matched by rules in the spam.whitelist.conf file, apply this patch to your
"sendmail.pl" file (in /usr/local/MailScanner/bin or /opt/mailscanner/bin):

287d286
<     # Check to ensure the relay isn't in the acceptable list of spam relays.
289c288,290
<     $fromdomain = $from;
---
 >     $fromdomain = lc($from);
 >     $fromdomain =~ s/^<//; # Delete leading and
 >     $fromdomain =~ s/>$//; # trailing <>
291c292,294
<           if $from =~ /@/;
---
 >           if $fromdomain =~ /@/;
 >
 >     # Check to ensure the relay isn't in the acceptable list of spam relays.

I'll release a 3.22-10 in a few minutes once I've tested this properly.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ