Help installing Spamassassin

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Sun Jul 28 14:49:44 IST 2002

Actually, here's Julain's reply from a couple of months ago:

The raqfaq about installing MailScanner on a RAQ system has a slight error
in it where it describes the differences for a RAQ4. The raqfaq itself is at
http://www.uk2raq.com/raqfaq/raqfaqshow.php?faq=96

Here's what you need to fix:
1. Edit /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
Search for "QueueDirectory" and change the line to
O QueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue

2. Edit /usr/local/MailScanner/mailscanner.conf
Search for "Outgoing Queue Dir" and change the line to
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue

3. Move any remaining queue files into the updated queue directory
mv /var/spool/mqueue/q*/* /var/spool/mqueue

4. Delete the old queue subdirectories
rmdir /var/spool/mqueue/q*

5. Kill sendmail
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mailscanner stop
(this will kill all the sendmail processes if you happen to have more than 1
running!)

6. Kill MailScanner and restart it
/usr/local/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner
(Then kill the process whose number it prints)
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mailscanner start

7. Check it's all okay:
ps ax | grep mail
should produce output like this:
 1680 ?        S      0:00 sendmail: accepting connections
 1682 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/sendmail -q15m
 1692 ?        S      0:00 perl /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/mailscanner
/usr/loca

Mike