Removing only Windows executables

Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy miguelk at KONSULTEX.COM.BR
Fri Jul 26 21:13:02 IST 2002

Excuse my ignorance in this. I have mail scanner running perfectly for
about 10 months now (did not upgrade yet) and since there were no
problems with it (set and forget), I have gotten "rusty" in my mail
scanner skills. I have a situation in a network where it is desired to
scan all mails but to completely block Windows executable files. Don't
even need to scan them, just to remove them. Management has decided that
no one should receive executables The important fact here is that this
is valid even if they are zipped or renamed. I'm not talking about a
batch file but just EXE or COM for example. I would need to determine
from the file header if it is an executable Windows binary or not. Is
this possible with mail scanner in the current version? If not does
anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.

Miguel