ANNOUNCE: F-Prot users

Lewis Bergman lbergman at abi.tconline.net
Thu Jul 25 14:06:05 IST 2002

On Thursday 25 July 2002 02:56 am, Julian Field wrote:
> At 21:26 24/07/2002, you wrote:
> >I searched for th string and didn't find it. We're not a high traffic
> > site, so it's possible we haven't received anything to trigger it.
> >I'll go ahead and upgrade this evening. Thanks Julian.
>
> By the mere fact that no-one else has reported it before, it must only
> appear very rarely. Unfortunately, getting the definitive list of strings
> out of F-Prot is a non-trivial task (involves the Zip of Death and a core
> dump :-)
I wonder if customer pudh on this matter might be helpful. Not that my
complaint was the reason but just 2 days after I filed a support request for
the check-update.sh script they came out with a new patched one. If you make
a clear case as to what you need to see I would (as well I am sure the other
f-prot users on the list) be willing to pound on their door a bit to have
them publish what you need.
--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications