"Hide Incoming Work Dir" Option Not Working

Nathan Johanson nathan at TCPNETWORKS.NET
Thu Jul 25 02:37:08 IST 2002

I just upgraded to Mailscanner v 3.22-7. This is the first time I've used
the "Hide Incoming Work Dir" option.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work (unless I'm missing something).

This option was enabled by default, but when I sent myself an eicar test
message, the notices didn't appear any different. I decided to test it
further. I disabled the option, sent a virus to myself. Restarted
mailscanner, enabled the option again and sent the same virus. There are no
differences in the notices either to the sender or the recipient of the
virus. Is this option broken, or am I misunderstanding the functionality?