SpamAssassin SQL Support

Mojahedul Hoque Abul Hasanat mojahed at AGNI.COM
Tue Jul 23 16:28:28 IST 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 10:16:22AM +0100, Julian Field wrote:
> At 07:31 22/07/2002, you wrote:
> >Are there any plans to support SpamAssassins sql feature in MailScanner?
> >Perhaps, it's already in the beta version?
>
> What's stopping you doing it now? I thought that the sql feature was
> completely internal to SpamAssassin?

I wanted to do "per recipient" customization.  SpamAssassin must know
the recpients name to do that.

MailScanner runs right after sendmail puts the received mail in the
queue.  You could take the recipient name from the qf* file, but
unfortunately, this may not be the "final" recipient name.  Alias and
virtuser table expansion happens when the local mailer is run.

--
Mojahed
System Administrator, Agni Systems Limited