ANNOUNCE: Version 3.22-5 released

Rabellino Sergio rabellino at DI.UNITO.IT
Tue Jul 23 13:26:38 IST 2002

Julian Field wrote:

> I have just released Version 3.22-5.

Just installed ....
I've upgraded my perl to 5.8.0 (All perl-tests are ok on my solaris8 box...), but launching mailscanner, I got this warning:
 "unix passed to setlogsock, but path not available at logger.pl line 44"

Mailscanner now does not hang on this call, but changing the "unix" in
>logger.pl:44  eval { Sys::Syslog::setlogsock('unix'); }; # Doesn't need syslogd -r
to "inet" as follow
>logger.pl:44  eval { Sys::Syslog::setlogsock('inet'); }; # Doesn't need syslogd -r
the annoying warning disappear and the mailscanner logs goes to syslogd as usual (maybe slower than unix socket).

Could be a good idea to set the logtype under mailscanner.conf in either unix/inet, maybe around the facility setting ???

Tks.
--
Dott. Sergio Rabellino

 Technical Staff