Not finding viruses but reporting clean

Fred Dick fredd at CI.ASPEN.CO.US
Mon Jul 22 17:01:41 IST 2002

I sent a test message with a virus (Klez) attached from an outside ISP to
myself at the Mailscanner protected site.

The mail showed it had an attachment before I opened it. When I opened it
there was no attachment. It also said, Found to be clean.

I also do not receive any system email alerts regarding that or any other
virus.

Went to /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20020722 and found some other
viruses but not my test virus.

Where do I go from here with troubleshooting? Test virus has gone into a
black hole and I'm not getting any email notifications.

Thanks, Fred