Administrator Emails

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jul 22 10:13:58 IST 2002

At 23:30 21/07/2002, you wrote:
>Is it possible to set an admin email address for different domains?
>i.e. any viruses sent to domain1.com (which is in domains.to.scan.conf)
>notifies the sender, the recipient and
><mailto:administrator at domain1.com>administrator at domain1.com... any viruses
>sent to domain2.com does the same, but emails admin information to
><mailto:administrator at domain2.com>administrator at domain2.com

You can't do that yet, but the next major release (which won't be very
soon, I'm afraid, we've got some big re-writes to do first!) will have much
better per-domain support. I might decide to do it completely differently
from the way the limited per-domain support is done now.

>Also, is there a planned release date for the next version of Mailscanner
>containing the support for file-blocking based on the recipient domain?

As above.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ