F-prot & Frethem Virus

Marc Perea marc.perea at ELECTRONIC-GROUP.COM
Thu Jul 18 12:57:28 IST 2002

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:56:47 +0200
Peter Peters <P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:10:34 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >Does anyone using f-prot 3.12 can do an "f-prot -virlist | grep -i
> >Frethem" please ?
>
> I don't get any result.
>
> >Or maybe it is shown with other codename ? I don't know ... just
> >worried about that, because this worm is currently on the wild.
>
> I know they use another name for Yaha also.
>
> We have had a storm of virusses a few days ago (the first day) but after
> that nothing.

I cannot find Yaha in the virlist either ...

So if both Frethem and Yaha are not shown in the virlist, should we assume
that F-Prot is not detecting them, and therefore, mailscanner is letting
the virus pass through ?

Does anyone have a copy of the virus just to test ?

Cheers,
Worried Marc ....

--
Marc Perea - System Administration Staff
Mail: marc.perea at electronic-group.com
Tel:  (+34) 93 600 23 23
Fax:  (+34) 93 600 23 10