OT:Sendmail Question ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at LEENX.CO.ZA
Wed Jul 17 09:18:25 IST 2002

Thanks for the responce everybody ...

 > Read www.sendmail.org on the subject of:
 > FEATURE(`virtusertable', dbm -o /etc/mail/virtual.users)
        I spent three hours yesterday playing with different ways of doing before
e-mailing the list, I also tried the mailtabler stuff, seeing that I hope a
few domains ... ( hoping body might know what I am tring to do and had done
it ... ) ... Thanks again ...

> From:    S Mohan <smohan at VSNL.COM>
>
> Virtusertable can deliver to a different domain/email id. If you want
        That is what I figured ...

> mail meant for non-existant users on local domains to be routed out to a
> smart host, use the LUSER_RELAY feature in sendmail.mc and do a m4
> compilation. LUSER_RELAY takes an argument of a hostname to which the
> unknown local user mail is routed to.
        I will look into this ...

> define(`LUSER_RELAY',`SMTP:HOST.FQDN')dnl is the line to use. Hope this
> helps.
        I hope so too, other wise I am going to ask a friend if I can put an aliases
on his server and use the virtusertable between the two server ... sound
like alot of trouble for one small thing ...

> Mohan
        Thanks again.

 >>       I am virual-hosting a domain for a friend, but one of the users
 >>are not
 >>local and I can't seem to find a way stop there domain from try to deliever
 >>it locally, is there a quick way for me to tell sendmail that a user at domain
 >>should not be deliever locally?

Mailed
Lee