SpamAssassin Hangup

Mojahedul Hoque Abul Hasanat mojahed at AGNI.COM
Tue Jul 16 08:36:39 IST 2002

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 08:30:53AM +0200, Peter Peters wrote:

> MX testing is one of the things I still do in Sendmail itself (4xx
> error). These are the only mails that have truely no right to enter our
> system. Nobody can respond to such an e-mail so why accept it.

Ouch!  You will reject some legitimate mails.  If no MX is defined for a
host, mail will go directly to that host if it has an A record.

I have lots of legit mails coming/going to such hosts.  These are mostly
in east Asia.

--
Mojahed
System Administrator, Agni Systems Limited