MAPS RBL+ worth it?

T. Combs COMBSTM at APPSTATE.EDU
Mon Jul 15 19:07:54 IST 2002

> Hello,

>   I'm considering purchasing the RBL+ service from mail-abuse.org
>   and I was wondering if people thought it was worth having.  We
>   get the educational discount so it is only ~$150/yr.  I was
>   thinking about getting it in transfer mode, thinking that would
>   save time/resources over the query mode.  Does anyone have experience
>   of comments about the maps service?   Thanks,

>       --Tom Combs
Tom,
We have been using the product for a little while and it seems to help with
the SPAM problem.  My take is if it blocks any email sites doing this it is
worth the price.  We use it in the transfer mode so the local nameservers
are queried for the authentication instaed of going across internet.
  Combstm at appstate.edu
  Appalachian State University           (828)262-6297
  Information Technology Services   FAX: (828)262-2236