more/all_spam_to

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Jul 13 16:13:42 IST 2002

This will be possible in the next release.
I have expanded the "Spam White List" feature so that it checks both the
sender and recipient's address against the contents of this file. Also, the
addresses contained in the file can be any of the following forms:
         me at Jules.fm
         JulianField.net
         *.soton.ac.uk

So you don't need to fight with complicated SpamAssassin setups to do this,.
Hopefully that will make things a bit simpler for you.

BTW the reason that with MailScanner, SA behaves the way it does is that it
is always run as root (or whatever user you are running MailScanner as).

At 19:39 12/07/2002, you wrote:
>Julian et all,
>
>Question:
>I'm using MailScanner and Spamassassin to scan incoming mail, flag it, and
>pass it off to a server for delivery. Most of our users will be extermely
>happy to be able to filter their spam out.
>
>Figuring that some users will (for whatever reason) be disgruntled by the
>addition of {SPAM??} to the subject, I'm looking for a way to
>"opt-out" certain users.  SA has a "more_spam_to and
>all_spam_to" directive, but those don't seem to work when SA is being
>called by MailScanner.
>
>Am I missing a simple way to configure this? (I can't just setup user
>accounts and procmail scripts, too many users...) Could MailScanner obey
>SA's more/all_spam_to directives?  Is this (or adding a recipient
>whitelist) an option that could be added simply?
>
>TIA,
>D.

>David Lancaster
>ITS ESS