Cobalt Mailscanner/F-Prot PKG

Steve Bassi steve at BASSI.COM
Sat Jul 13 12:08:00 IST 2002

I have spoken personnally to Mr Weldon Thompson, The Director of Corporate
Relations in Iceland, the home of Frisk, who has asked me to quote his
name.

He has kindly confirmed that he is happy with the pkg for cobalt users on
the basis that their software is free for non commercial use. Frisk is
happy if their server is not being used commercially.

I want to make it perfectly clear that you should not be dishonest and use
my package in a commercial environment.

F-Prot do allow a 30 day free trial for evaluation, and if you are happy
with the product, I would urge commercial users to purchase the product
from Frisk.

Mr Weldon asked me to mail him with the pkg for possible inclusion on
their site, which I have done.

I have emailed Julian more than once on this matter and I have had no
reply todate.

As I have F-Prots permission, and I took the trouble to emphasise clearly
the licensing requirements, I am most upset with the suggestion that this
is legally dubious.

I find this less dubious that the uk2raq.com site that clearly states
mailscanner and F-Prot are free and makes no mention of any F-Prot
licensing requirements.

I know that Julian has been involved with Tom Worley on this and find the
condemnation of my pkg as legally dubious, quite strange and indeed
personally damaging to my reputation.

I would have thought, it would have been wise to check with me first or
Frisk to see if I did have the permission , (which I have) before
publically proclaiming , my activities as legally dubious.

Bassi