sendmail sometimes refuses connections.. anyone have simular problem

Matt Doherty Matthew_doherty at DATAWATCH.COM
Fri Jul 12 15:35:50 IST 2002

I know mailscanner runs a script every hour via cron to check its pid.. I'm
wondering if it sometimes has difficulty starting the sendmail daemon if it
had to..
I'm not quite sure why this happens. I have read my maillogs, xfer logs,
kernal messages, and find nothing to conclude this issue. This morning I
started to receive calls that sendmail was down. Our web based email could
send mail but client email programs were being refused.. Obviousley that
ment sendmail was running fine right? I restarted Mailscanner for the hell
of it, and now both web based mail and client email clients can send.. So
its gotta be sendmail right? or maybe it had some effect on the xinitd?
Anyone here know this problem? This has been happening on and off ever since
I installed mailscanner. Though it could be a coincidence that it started
after the install, I'm not sure.

Thanks For your Help!

In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?