.exe and .com files

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Wed Jul 10 10:08:26 IST 2002

Denis Beauchemin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just started testing MailScanner and so far it is quite promising.
>
> I would like to deny .exe and .com extensions (I know it can be done in
> filename.rules.conf) but I would like them to be scanned anyways by my
> antivirus (McAfee) so people would know that the files were infected (if
> they were).

You get both/and by default. The e-mail will say if the attachment was
removed because it was .exe/.com and if it had a virus it will say that
too. Something like:

   Report: >>> Virus 'W32/Hybris-B' found in file ./g670hdT13685/sexy
virgin.scr
Windows Screensavers often hide viruses in email in sexy virgin.scr

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed                           To have no errors
Information Services                    Would be life without meaning