Messages scanned twice

Steve Barr steve at cgpsystems.com
Mon Jul 8 23:33:43 IST 2002

I have installed MailScanner on my server.  I am very impressed.  I'm running Debian "Woody", Exim and Sophos.  Currently, it's scanning approximately 300 messages per day.

I have one question-  Is there any way to tell MailScanner to only scan messages once?  I run a mailing list for a local Linux Users Group, and when a message to the list is received it gets scanned.  So far, so good.  When it gets delivered, it gets scanned again.

It's not a major problem, but I have the inline text signature enabled because I want people to easily see that the message was scanned.  Each time the message is scanned, the signature gets appended to the message.

Thanks!

--
Steve
(steve at cgpsystems.com)

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content
by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.