RBL Error

Nathan Johanson nathan at tcpnetworks.net
Sat Jul 6 03:13:49 IST 2002

I noticed the same problem, and commented out a lot of the lesser known
blacklists. Also thought about increasing the timeout. Still monitoring
it, but...

During my investigation, I did a simple nslookup of all of the lists I'm
using to make sure they're at least resolving. When I look up
"bl.spamcop.net," no record appears to exist for it.

** server can't find bl.spamcop.net: SERVFAIL

I've tried a few DNS servers, and all resturn nothing for this list. Am I
missing something here, or is this list defunct, or did it change names?
Maybe I'm naive about how these lists are used by Mailscanner and
Sendmail, but I figure the host name should at least resolve to an IP
address. This might explain the timeouts I'm seeing (as this is one of
the lists I didn't comment out).

Does anyone know the story here?

-Nathan