extreamly long delays

Bill Omer bill at DISTMIRR.COM
Fri Jul 5 16:32:12 IST 2002

> Do you have any "Spam List" entries or "Spam Domain List" entries? If
so,
> try switching spam checking back on, but comment out all the "Spam
List"
> and "Spam Domain List" entries. That will leave you just running
> SpamAssassin, so you'll be able to get a better idea of exactly what
is
> running slowly.

Nope, I don't have any "Spam List" or "Spam Domain List" entries, and I
have also added the skip_rbl_checks 1 line to my
spam.assassin.prefs.conf file.
I am not seeing a change as far as speed goes.

I did compile spamass-milter and enabled milter in my sendmail.mc file,
and started it as well as spamd when I load up the QueueOnly copy of
sendmail.  With this setup, it goes like normal (very fast).  It too
does not do any rbl checks.  However, I'm not able to get the
functionality that I would/should be getting by using mailscanner.

The functionality that I would really like to be able to achieve would
be deleting all high-scoring (15+) spam.  Of course, I would like to
only use mailscanner, not have to worry about using milter or any
milter-applications.  However, until I'm able to figure out what's
causing these very long delays, I'm forced to either do no spam
checking, or use the milter.

Do you know of a why I could make this happen using spamass-milter?  If
so, then I'll just use it and be done with it.  This actually might be
an all around speedier way of doing things.  Maybe a future version of
MS could suggest using it?  Are there any down sides that I should be
aware of while using spamass-milter with MS?

Regards,
Bill Omer