Multiple mailscanners

Thomas DuVally thomas_duvally at BROWN.EDU
Wed Jul 3 21:06:34 IST 2002

Here something I thought about while brainstorming a new setup for mail.

Would it be possible to have one machine running 2 or even more
instances of Mailscanner?  They could have separate incoming and
outgoing queues.

I thought of this because I was thinking how I could offload the
scanning of mail away from the actual mail servers.  Say if I have a
SAN, where 2 mail servers were dumping mail in two "queue.in"s,
Mailscanner scans them and dumps them in the outgoing queues for
delivery by the respective mail servers?

Any reason this wouldn't work?
--
Tom DuVally
Lead Sys. Programmer