no more virusscanning

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Wed Jul 3 12:24:38 IST 2002

"Suddenly" scanning of virusses stopped. I noticed because somewhere
last week I started getting uncleaned, untagged messages with virusses.
I have been looking for all kind of strange things.

Finally I changed f-protwrapper to log some more.

I see f-prot is run in /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming with the command
"/opt/f-prot/f-prot  -old -archive -dumb .". But when I look in that
directory I only zie .headers files. And when I extend the logging a bit
more I get "Error: Cannot open message file.".

I am running MailScanner 3.20-4.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,