{SPAM?} Re: Virus report e-mail

Michael Chaney mdchaney at MICHAELCHANEY.COM
Tue Jul 2 15:31:57 IST 2002

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 08:15:47AM -0700, Steve Evans wrote:
> Okay I have a good story to go with this.
>
> Before we were using SpamAssassin I had a user receive a piece of spam.
> He had me look at it and the from address was
> whatever at something.something.kr  I said, well I could block that address
> but it probably won't help because they'll using something else next
> time.  He said, well can't you just block everything that ends with .kr.
> And I said, that would block all of Korea.  He didn't seem to understand
> that that could be a problem.

For many companies, that isn't a problem.  Does your company do business
overseas?  Does it do business with anybody in Korea?  Do you care?

Blacklisting the whole of South Korea would cut my current spam volume in
half.  My brother is over there right now or I would have done it long
ago.

Michael
--
Michael Darrin Chaney