Performance

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Tue Jul 2 09:02:50 IST 2002

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:43:56 -0400, you wrote:

>I've been told about sites seeing traffic in the 100,000's, but I don't
>know what kind of systems, which makes it tough to compare.

I have two identical systems with PIII 1GHz and 512MB. They do about
20.000 messages a day without any problems. We have had some peaks of
over 400 messages a minute when somebodies system started sending
virusses for a couple of hours. They where handled well.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,