Per-Domain scanning for viruses and spam

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 14:49:56 GMT 2002

I have implemented per-domain scanning for viruses and spam. It involves a
few new keywords in the config file to switch the various bits on and off:

>#
># Per-Domain Scanning and Spam Detection
>#
># Do we want to only scan certain named domains for viruses and spam?
>Scanning By Domain = yes
>
># Filename listing all the domains we want to scan
>Domains To Scan = /usr/local/MailScanner/etc/domains.to.scan.conf
>
># Do we want to add a MailScanner header to messages we have not scanned
>Sign Unscanned Messages = yes
>
># What do we want to put in the header
>Unscanned Header = not scanned

What I need now is some beta-testers to try out the new features.
Volunteers to me in person at mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk (not the list)
please.

As this is really an option for commercial sites (ISP's mostly) then all
contributions to my PayPal account are most welcome :-)
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ