Cobalt RaQ - Can virus scanning be enabled only on selected V irtual Domain?

Patterson, S R S.R.Patterson at SOTON.AC.UK
Thu Jan 31 10:44:33 GMT 2002

The scanning of email (or not) based upon sender/recipient domains etc
is a feature which has been talked about extensively but not yet
implemented.  Feelings are mixed about it.

Unless you have a whole set of IP addresses for your RaQ3 then I can't
think of any easy way to split each incoming virtual email domain into
a different mail queue which is probably what would be required to
achieve per-domain scanning using the current software.  Of course you
can always write a patch ;-)

Has anyone (Jules ;P) given any thought to an option to allow you to
run Mailscanner as a local delivery agent (or perhaps more correctly
as a wrapper around an existing local delivery agent)?  The biggest
problem I can see is in how you tell which emails you've already
scanned - since some messages may required multiple delivery attempts.
In this scenario it might be easier to pass messages bound for
different domains to different delivery agents...

There are some problems (how do you tell if a mail's already been
scanned in the case of multiple delivery attempts on the same message
for one...) but nobody said life was easy ;)

Steve (apologies for top posting, being very lazy)
--
|       Electronic Information Systems Support and Development       |