mailscanner/spamassassin strangeness

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Wed Jan 30 09:07:58 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I have mailscanner 3.04.1 and spamassassin 2.01. I had a message this
morning which mailscanner marked as spam because spamassassin said 13 hits.
I thought it was odd because the message wasn't spam and didn't really look
spammish. I saved the message to a file and ran spamassassin -t on it. The
score was:

SPAM: Content analysis details:   (0.8 hits, 5 required)
SPAM: Hit! (0.8 points)  BODY: Includes a URL link to send an email

Can anyone suggest why spamassassin told mailscanner there were 13 hits
when spamassassin -t doesn't even manage a whole one?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed                           To have no errors
Information Services                    Would be life without meaning