EMERGENCY: MyParty

Rishi Gangoly rishi at THEARGONCOMPANY.COM
Tue Jan 29 20:57:39 GMT 2002

I updated f-prot + 3.03-1. It seems to be detecting MyParty virus just fine.

How come?

Rishi Gangoly
The Argon Company
4th Floor, G Block, Dhanraj Mahal
Chhatrapati Shivaji marg
Mumbai - 400039
Phone: 2361313
Pager: 9624-533230
Call Centre: 2361311
Website: www.TheArgonCompany.com
Yahoo Messenger: rishigangoly
MSN Messenger: rishi at theargoncompany.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Julian Field
  To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
  Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 6:09 PM
  Subject: EMERGENCY: MyParty

  The MyParty virus is not being caught by MailScanner.

  I am in the process of issuing a fix for this, which will be version
  3.04-1. Everyone should upgrade to this version. Those not wanting to
  upgrade, but merely wanting a fix for their current code should see the
  website News and a simple fix is a 1-line change.

  Sorry about this folks, they caught me out on an optimisation :-(
                               Southampton SO17 1BJ