MailScanner + SpamAssassin Integration

Gene Ruebsamen gene at ERACHAMPION.COM
Tue Jan 29 20:15:22 GMT 2002

Hello,

I am using SpamAssassin in conjunction w/MailScanner. Currently, I am using
them separately (ie. running the SpamAssassin Daemon, and calling spamc on
each message via procmail). What I would like to do is use the built-in
SpamAssassin support in MailScanner; however, whenever I enable this
support, I get a Perl Error as follows:

Can't locate Mail/SpamAssassin.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/MailScanner/bin /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
/usr/local/MailScanner/bin/sendmail.pl line 46.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/mailscanner line
77.

I did a search for SpamAssassin.pm, and found that it was located in the
following directory:  /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Mail/
It seems the default path that MailScanner looks for is the Perl 5.6.0
path..

I have a default RH7.2 install and installed MailScanner via the Redhat
RPM's. While installing SpamAssassin, I was downloading modules from CPAN,
it upgraded my perl to 5.6.1!! (grr!!). It seems to be a path problem,
anyone know how to fix it?  I can't seem to find any info in any of the Perl
FAQs.

Thanks!!

Gene Ruebsamen
Sales Associate