Debian packages

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Tue Jan 29 11:27:12 GMT 2002

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 11:07:24PM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> At http://cs.tu-berlin.de/~doko/mailscanner you'll find a Debian
> package for mailscanner. I deleted the symlinks in the source, because
> the world is not only Solaris/RedHat and removed tnef, because it's
> included in Debian. Feedback and contribution of a debconf installer
> would be welcome.

Cool... I'll have a look as soon as I can.

> The default configuration is to check for spam and use no virus
> checker. I assume that is the only usable free configuration.

Apparently there is a working free AV system (uses Kaffe, so how stable or
easy-to-set-up it is I wouldn't like to guess). I haven't tried it. I vaguely
seem to remember someone saying they were going to package it.

> Btw Nick, now, it's working with exim and f-prot ...

What was(were) the problem(s)? Be good to know so that we can get to the
answer quicker next time someone has the same trouble.

Cheers,

Nick
Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
You will soon forget this.